Strawberries. Beautiful, red, juicy fruit that makes a huge impression in our food and in our hearts.
Strawberries are so sweet and delicious. I love them sliced as a dessert and also in various recipes. This particular recipe is very healthy and a great treat for kids and adults and a great on-the-go treat.
Strawberries are a wonderful fruit to eat when watching your sugar levels. It is a naturally low in sugar fruit that is also high in fiber and vitamin C, actually more than an orange. They help to lower your blood pressure, increase your good (HDL) cholesterol and are also a good source of manganese (a powerful anti-oxidant)and potassium (It is an electrolyte that counteracts the effects of sodium, helping to maintain consistent blood pressure). (Also great for relieving muscle cramps).
Our other wonderful ingredient, oats, are considered to be one of the healthiest grains on earth. Their health benefits include lowering blood sugar levels, aid with weight loss and in reducing the risk of heart disease.
Now. let’s combine these healthy ingredients to create a beautiful and fun to eat bar and we will all be happy and healthy campers! Enjoy!
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cupsfresh strawberries, small-diced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- Melt your butter.
- Pour the melted butter into the oat mixture and mix until all of the oats are moistened and the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Set aside ½ cup of the oat mixture.
- Press the remaining oat mixture evenly into prepared baking pan
- Place the strawberries in a medium bowl. Add in the lemon juice and mix with a spoon.
- Evenly spread the strawberries on top of the oat mixture, then sprinkle the cornstarch evenly over the top, Sprinkle the granulated sugar on top.
- Crumble the reserved oats over the strawberries on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the crumbs look golden.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Store in anairtight container in the refrigerator.
2 Comments Add yours
this is so delicious recipe – thank you for sharing it!!
My pleasure. Thank you for reading. I hope you try the recipe and let me know how you enjoyed them.