I had posted this cookie recipe before but wanted to re-post and share again due to so many people requesting my cookies! I do have to admit, these cookies will become your #1 chocolate chunk cookie recipe you will keep coming back to. They are packed with chocolate chunks that melt in your mouth and the cookies are so moist and delicious! I will suggest you make a double batch, so you’ll have 72 cookies, wooohooo! Then you can freeze some (that is if you will have any left to freeze) and just pop some out before friends come over for a chat.
So I hope you give this recipe a try and as always, Enjoy!
Yvette’s Best Ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or 1 whole bag Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, or a hand held mixer, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- In a separate bowl blend together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Gradually add it into the wet mixture, scraping the bowl periodically to incorporate the ingredients. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 6;15 minutes, rotate baking sheets and bake an additional 6:15 minutes. Every oven temperature varies, so be sure to check that the dough does not look raw. If so, place back in the oven and check every 1 minute.
5) Let cool, on the sheet for a minute and then transfer onto a wire rack for five minutes. Let cool completely before storing, but I highly recommend sampling while still warm! Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.