Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!!! What a sweet and fun day!
I have been making these cookies for a long time and since today is the day, and people keep asking me for the recipe (some just ask for me to make them) here is the recipe.
It’s very easy to make and if you have children around they will love to help you.
I prefer to use Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chunks instead of chocolate chips, but if you cannot purchase them, then chocolate chips will be fine. It’s chocolate, any type will put a smile on a face! Enjoy!
Yvette’s Best Ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or 1 whole bag Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, or a hand held mixer, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- In a separate bowl blend together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Gradually add it into the wet mixture, scraping the bowl periodically to incorporate the ingredients. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using a standard-sized cookie scoop ( 1 1/2 inches across)or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 6:15 minutes, rotate baking sheets and bake for an additional 6:15 minutes. Every oven temperature varies, so be sure to check prior to the last 2 minutes of final baking time.
- Let cool, on the sheet for a minute and then transfer onto a wire rack for five minutes. Let cool completely before storing, but I highly recommend sampling while still warm! Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.