Who doesn’t like blueberry muffins with a crumb topping? Well, if you don’t, that means there is more for me!!!
I enjoy baking, especially when I feel frustrated or tense. Baking makes me concentrate on the recipe ingredients rather than on something else, therefore, makes me feel more relaxed and better. Besides, how can I remain frustrated when my kitchen smells like sweet heaven?
This recipe makes enough for 16 muffins, enough for the morning and enough to freeze for later. Okay, who am I kidding? You know I will have to try one, fresh and warm from the oven! And yes, I did enjoy!
Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
Ingredients: Makes 16 muffins
For Blueberry Muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups blueberries-fresh or frozen(thawed)-divided( 1 cup goes in the batter and 1⅓ cup for topping)
- 2 tablespoons flour
For Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter- 8 tablespoons, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and line standard muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly and set aside.
- To make the muffins. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand.
- In a small bowl sprinkle 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about ⅔ of each cup. Cover the batter with the remaining blueberries and then cover the blueberries generously with streusel topping.
- Place them in the oven and reduce the heat at 375F, bake about 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.