Roasted Root Vegetables With Almonds And Mint
Ingredients: Serves 4
- ½ cup unsalted, almonds
- 1 small or ½ large acorn squash, halved through root end, seeded, sliced crosswise ½” thick
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled, sliced ¾”-thick
- 2 medium red beet, peeled, halved, sliced ½” thick
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn if large
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread out the almonds on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
Increase oven temperature to 425°. In one large bowl toss squash, carrots and parsnips with 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. In another large bowl toss the beets, and 2 1/2 tablespoons oil. Season both bowls of vegetables with some salt and pepper and give one more toss. Place on one large rimmed baking sheet the first bowl of vegetables and on another large rimmed baking sheet place the second set of vegetables. Roast vegetables, tossing occasionally, until soft and golden brown, 25–30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Place in a large bowl with the roasted almonds and mint. Serve.