Why wait for takeout when you can have a healthy, organic, delicious and quick meal on the dinner table sooner than it would take you to call, order, and provide your credit card?
This meal takes less than 5 minutes and is super easy to prepare. Just follow the recipe and you may adjust the red pepper according to your taste. Enjoy!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed with the back of a knife
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails in tact
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each, coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced saving 1 slice of lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and add the extra-virgin olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink. Turn the shrimp over to its’ other side and continue cooking for an additional 1 minute. Toss with lemon juice and chopped parsley. Remove shrimp to a serving platter leaving the garlic cloves in the pan.
Serve with organic brown rice and garnish with the lemon zest and a slice of the lemon.