This warm salad is a nice alternative to a cold salad on a very cold winter day. All of these great flavors work so well together, that you can actually make this as your main course meal.
So try this recipe and share your thoughts. Enjoy!
ARUGULA ,SAUSAGE AND
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 chicken sausage links removed from their casing
- 1/2 teaspoons oil from the sundried tomatoes
- 4 sundried tomatoes cut into strips
- 10 nicoise olives sliced in half
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 cups arugula
In a pot add water for the pasta. Add the pasta when water comes to a boil and boil for 8 minutes.
Remove casing from the sausage. Slice each tomato into thins strips. Slice the olives in half. Heat a
skillet to hot and add oil. Add the sausage and cook through, about 5 minutes on medium low heat. Add
the garlic, sundried tomatoes and olives. Mix through for about a minute. Add the cooked pasta and mix
through. Add the arugula and mix through. Add the cheese, turn heat off and cover to allow the cheese to melt. Serve with some extra shaved cheese.